Yes, sound will travel in all directions and any limitations produced by “top mounting” will be minimal. Hydrowave highly suggests that the speaker be rolled to the top when in silted or muddy environments. These environments could plug the holes in the speaker housing possibly damaging the speaker or impeding the sound.
Articles in this section
- Are the sounds real?
- What are the sounds?
- What fish will it affect or work on?
- How does it work?
- What sounds should you use and when?
- Do you use it always?
- Is the Hydrowave designed for deep or shallow water?
- Can I mount the speaker on top of my trolling motor?
- Will the Hydrowave interfere with any transducer?
- What percentage of Pros are using the unit now?